Parent Support Group (PSG)
From L to R : Mdm Martha Ng, Mdm Stella Ng, Mdm Vivien Tay, Mr Desmond Soh, Mdm Yasmin, Mdm Wati, Mrs Kerine Goe
“To share the responsibility and work in partnership with our school to develop our children’s potential.”
In line with this vision, we set the following objectives:
- To play an active role in our programmes
- To establish a bridge between school management and faculty with parents.
- To provide appreciation and recognition for parents and school staff who are active and supportive in PSG activities/programmes
We sincerely welcome you to join us as a member and if possible, volunteer a little of your time and expertise to help make the educational experience for our children better. Membership is free and all you need is to have a child who is a student at Northbrooks Secondary School.
By being a PSG member, you will reap many benefits:
- Be kept informed of the latest development in Northbrooks Secondary School through our bi-monthly meetings and dialogue with the Principal and Vice Principals.
- Have the opportunity to provide your feedback and share ideas – thereby contributing to change that will bring about positive growth and development of the school.
- Attend workshops at no cost.
- Your journey as a parent would be more fulfilling because:
- You build your network of friends.
- Your family participates in activities that will bring you closer together.
Jesse Jackson, American Civil Rights Activist, once said: “Your children need your presence more than your presents.” So come join us and let’s make a difference together!
Mr Henry Ng
PSG volunteering their time during Sec One Registration
Dad's for Life(DFL) is a national fathers movement that seeks to inspire, mobilise and involve fathers to become good influencers in the children's lives... for life!
Fishing at ORTO in March
Archery in May 2019
The PSG managed a booth yearly where students wrote messages to expressed their gratitude to their parents prior to Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day.
Edusave Character Award and Brooksian Core Value Award
PSG Member Mr Oh Sze Hou (right) forming the interview panel for Sec 4/5 Edusave Character Award (ECHA) and Brooksian Core Value (BCV) Award.
ECHA was introduced by MOE in 2012 to recognise students who have demonstrated exemplary character and outstanding personal qualities through their daily behaviour.
BCV is given to students who displayed the school values :GIFTED