Vertical Green Wall
The school's foyer is adorn with lush greenery with a beautiful Vertical Green Wall. This green wall is comprised of 8 different species of sun-loving plants with a built-in automatic irrigation system to water the plants timely.
The following information is provided by Nparks and summaries the environmental, economic, social and aesthetic benefits of a Vertical Greenery.
- Vertical greenery can alleviate heat islands by shading heat-absorbing surfaces.
- It improves air quality by absorbing airborne particles.
- It also enhances biodiversity in the city by providing additional natural habitats.
- Vertical greenery optimises space that would otherwise have remained unused.
It also serves as insulation, cooling the building and leading to savings on air conditioning cost.
- Vertical greenery promotes a sense of ownership and fosters community interaction.
- Vertical greenery enhances the aesthetic appeal of a building and helps to soften the artificial urban landscape and provide visual relief from the concretised environment.