Whole-School Approach to Effective Communication
WHOLE-SCHOOL APPROACH TO EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
To foster a culture this values effective communication as a critical 21st century skill, and develops subject literacy in Brooksians.
- Subject teachers teaching in English focus on developing subject literacy in students.
- IP and Non-IP department programmes provide platforms for students to practise effective communication.
- Brooksian News Champions
- Subject Literacy Reading Programme
- Lower Secondary WSA-EC Project (inter-disciplinary topics from EL, Science, Humanities, PE & Home Economics)
- Secondary 1NT – 3NT Drama-in-Curriculum
- Secondary Three Service-Learning Presentations
- Secondary Four / Five Debates
- Public Speaking and Facilitation workshops for student leaders
- Emcee skills training for Masters of Ceremonies for school events
- Participation in speaking and writing competitions (internal & external)
School Values Assembly Talk by WSA-EC Champions
Brooksian News Champions (BNC)
Dr Alison Tan (of ELIS) and teachers from Northbrooks Secondary School discuss the role talk plays in writing