Character and Citizenship Education
Click here view the larger image
- Vision: Global Citizens, Leaders with Character
- Mission: To instil a champion mindset in all Brooksians and empower them to become positive change agents of tomorrow.
Northbrooks Secondary School is committed to nurturing all Brooksians to be GIFTED champions with a serving heart; individuals who are also deeply anchored in our school values [GIFTED i.e. Graciousness, Integrity, Fortitude, Teamwork, Empathy and Discipline].
Equipped with the relevant skills in a background of the 5 Social & Emotional Domains, the Brooksian Champions will be empowered to make a positive impact at various progressive levels; self, school, community, nation and world; thus actualising the C2015 outcomes (Confident Person, Self-Directed Learner, Active Contributor and Concerned Citizen).
These are achieved through:
- Lessons, programmes and teachable moments on the explicit teaching of GIFTED values, Habits of Mind, social and emotional competencies, leadership skills based on Kouzes & Posner 5 practices (The Student Leadership Challenge), and 21st century competencies which are key for students’ development.
- Modules that focus on Education and Career Guidance (ECG), Sexuality Education (SEd) and Cyberwellness, which cater to the specific developmental needs of our students.
- Learning experiences through various platforms such as Co-Curricular Activities, NE Commemorative events and Values-in-Action programme, learning journeys and project work to reinforce and support students’ learning.